Wesleyan Chapel, Milford (1842)

Recent Photograph of Wesleyan Chapel (1842) (Milford)

Milford Wesleyan Chapel is just a few yards down the road from Milford Baptist Chapel. According to Derbyshire Record Offices's Guide to Non Conformist Records, it was founded in 1815, rebuilt in 1842 (which is what its datestone shows) and closed in 1949.

Both buildings probably have spectacular views over the River Derwent, but are high up enough above it to be safe from flooding.

(Information provided by Rosemary Lockie)


Image contributed by Paul Slater on 23rd February 2001.
This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/DBY/Milford/WesleyanChapel.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library