Holy Cross Church, Morton

Recent Photograph of Holy Cross Church (Morton)

Holy Cross Church, Morton, Derbyshire was founded in the year 1002. It is mentioned in the Domesday Book.

Most of the present church is Victorian but the tower dates from about 1350 and has six bells. Parts of the Saxon church are built into the north wall. The pulpit is Jacobean.

There is a graveyard where interrments still take place.

Services are still conducted at Holy Cross Church.

The church is under the joint patronage of the Turbutt family and St. John's College, Cambridge.

(Information provided by Michael Wright on 30th May 2010)


Image contributed by Heather Faulkes on 25th January 2001.
This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/DBY/Morton/HolyCross.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library