St Thomas's Church, New Brampton (1999)

Recent Photograph of St Thomas's Church (1999) (New Brampton)

“A district church dedicated to St Thomas was consecrated in 1832, the expense of its erection, £3,000, having been borne partly by subscription, and partly by the Parliamentary Commissioners: it stands on the Chatsworth road, about a mile west of the town of Chesterfield, and is in the style of architecture prevailing in the 14th century, presenting a pleasing object in the surrounding landscape. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the patronage of the bishop; net income, £150.”

Ref: A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, 7th Edition, 1848, Vol 1, pp.342-3 - section for Brampton.

(Information provided by Rosemary Lockie)


Image contributed by Andrew McCann on 12th September 1999.
This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/DBY/NewBrampton/StThomas.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library