St John's Church, Coleford

Recent Photograph of St John's Church (Coleford)

This Church of St John was built in 1878-80 by F.S. Waller, and replaced an earlier Old St John's Church. It would be easier to find if the tower and spire had been built, but as it is, large rough blocks of stone are in situ for capitals and corbels etc, and left uncarved so a tower was never going to happen.

(Information provided by Phil Draper)

Reference
Salter, Mike - Parish Churches of the Forest of Dean (ISBN: 1 871731 07 0).


Image contributed by Phil Draper on 2nd March 2004.
This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/Coleford/StJohn1.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library