Coln St Aldwyn

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

COLN (ST-ALDWIN'S), a parish in the hundred of BRIGHTWELL'S-BARROW, county of GLOUCESTER, 3 miles (N.) from Fairford, containing 393 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Gloucester, rated in the king's books at £8. 19. 4., endowed with £200 private benefaction, and £200 royal bounty, and in the patronage of T. Ingram, Esq. and another. The church is dedicated to St. John the Baptist.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/ColnStAldwyn/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library