Plaque to Herbert Hedges, Fairford

Recent Photograph of Plaque to Herbert Hedges (Fairford)

The plaque is on the side wall of the Free School building, and reads:

Many friends record here
the great service rendered to Fairford by
HERBERT W. HEDGES
As Headmaster of Farmors Endowed School
from 1921 to 1947 A.D.
and as Churchwarden of thie parish
where for thirty eight years
he influenced very many lives for good
he cared for the Charities
and the fabric of the church
with the same zeal as he has always
given to the adventure of living

(Information provided by Rosemary Lockie)


Image contributed by Rosemary Lockie on 12th May 2010.
This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/Fairford/PlaqueHedges.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library