St Mary's Church, Fairford (Lady Chapel)

Recent Photograph of St Mary's Church (Lady Chapel) (Fairford)

The tomb on the left in the Lady Chapel, with full size effigies, is a memorial to Katherine LYGON and her third husband Roger. She was the widow of the grandson of John TAME, the founder of the church, and Lady of the Manor of Fairford. She died in 1584.

The altar was designed by Geoffrey Webb, and given to the church in 1913 by Earl Beauchamp, a descendant of Roger Lygon.

(Information provided by Rosemary Lockie)


Image contributed by Rosemary Lockie on 12th May 2010.
This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/Fairford/StMary5.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library