Hardwicke

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

HARDWICK, a chapelry in the parish of STANDISH, upper division of the hundred of WHITSTONE, county of GLOUCESTER, 5 miles (S.W. by S.) from Gloucester, containing 446 inhabitants. The chapel has a low embattled tower at the west end of the south aisle. The Gloucester and Berkeley canal passes through the chapelry. Hardwick gives the titles of baron and earl to the family of Yorke.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/Hardwicke/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library