Kemerton

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

KEMERTON, a parish in the lower division of the hundred of TEWKESBURY, county of GLOUCESTER, 4 miles (N.E.) from Tewkesbury, containing 520 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Gloucester, rated in the king's books at £17. 13. 1., and in the patronage of the Mayor and Corporation of Gloucester. The church has portions in the early, and some in the later, style of English architecture. There are places of worship for Wesleyan Methodists. The parish contains an excellent quarry of freestone, and several petrifying springs.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/Kemerton/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library