Kempley

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

KEMPLEY, a parish in the hundred of BOTLOE, county of GLOUCESTER, 5½ miles (N.W. by N.) from Newent, containing 301 inhabitants. The living is a vicarage, in the archdeaconry of Hereford, and diocese of Gloucester, rated in the king's books at £5. 6. 6½, and in the patronage of the Dean and Chapter of Hereford, as masters of Ledbury Hospital. The church is in the Norman style. There is a small endowment for the instruction of children, the bequest of Elizabeth Pyndar in 1755.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/Kempley/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library