Preston by Ledbury

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

PRESTON, a parish in the lower division of the hundred of DUDSTONE-and-KING'S-BARTON, county of GLOUCESTER, 3¼ miles (W. by S.) from Ledbury, containing 87 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry of Hereford, and diocese of Gloucester, rated in the king's books at £7 6. 8., and in the patronage of the Bishop of Gloucester.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/PrestonLedbury/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library