Shortwood

Extract from Kelly's Directory of Gloucestershire, 1923.
Transcribed by Rosemary Lockie, © Copyright 2012

SHORTWOOD is a hamlet, 1 mile south-west [of Nailsworth], transferred in 1896 by Order in Council from Horsley to Nailsworth. The Baptists have a burial ground here, dating from 1715, upon part of which two chapels successively stood until the removal of the second to Nailsworth in 1881. There is a mortuary chapel near, in connection with the burial ground, and an infants' school adjoining. There has been a burial ground here for the Society of Friends since 1696.
[Kelly's Directory of Gloucestershire, 1923]

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/Shortwood/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library