Baptist Church, Tytherington

Recent Photograph of Baptist Church (Tytherington)

Tytherington Baptist Church was built in 1884, and the following people laid the foundation stones:-

Samuel ILES / of Bristol / October 27th 1884
George BOYT Senr. / of Tytherington / October 27th 1884

Old Maps prior to 1884, for example OS 1880 1:2,500 show an earlier Baptist Chapel in Tytherington, in Stowell Hill Road, just past the parish church of St James. This was probably closed after the present one was built, as it is no longer shown on later maps.

(Information provided by Alf Beard/Rosemary Lockie)


Image contributed by Alf Beard on 17th June 2004.
This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/Tytherington/BaptistChurch.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library