Whitminster

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

WHEATENHURST, a parish in the lower division of the hundred of WHITSTONE, county of GLOUCESTER, 8 miles (N.W. by W.) from Stroud, containing 370 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Gloucester, rated in the king's books at £7. 12. 3. Thomas Moore, Esq. and others were patrons in 1813. The church is dedicated to St. Andrew. The Gloucester and Berkeley, and the Thames and Severn, canals pass through the parish; and the river Severn is navigable on its northern boundary, near which there are extensive ironworks.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/Whitminster/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library