Yanworth

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

YANWORTH, a chapelry in the parish of HAZLETON, hundred of BRADLEY, county of GLOUCESTER, 3 miles (W. by S.) from North Leach, containing 119 inhabitants. The chapel, dedicated to St. Michael, is a chapel of ease to Hazleton, where the inhabitants of Yanworth anciently buried their dead; but since the latter part of the last century this has been their usual place of sepulture.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/Yanworth/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library