St Mary the Virgin's Church, Bishops Frome

Recent Photograph of St Mary the Virgin's Church (Bishops Frome)

A booklet available in the church suggests that there was a Saxon Church on the site, as a priest is named in the Domesday survey. However, the present structure is of 12th century origin, whilst the tower was added during the 14th century. The Lady Chapel - the extension nearest us, with the Rose Window at its west end - is a Victorian addition dating from 1861.

(Information provided by Rosemary Lockie)

Image contributed by Rosemary Lockie on 14th November 2007.
This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page:
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library