Inside St Mary's Church, Bishops Frome (W)

Recent Photograph of Inside St Mary's Church (W) (Bishops Frome)

The Tower Arch at the west end of the Nave is 14th century - in contrast to the remaining Norman style of Nave and Chancel. There are six bells, which came from the Church of St Lawrence (now redundant) at Burwarton in Shropshire in 1975. The clock, which strikes the hours, was made by John Carter of Cornhill, London, about 1842.

(Information provided by Rosemary Lockie)


Image contributed by Rosemary Lockie on 11th October 2007.
This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/HEF/BishopsFrome/StMary3.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library