St Bridget's Church, Bridstow

Recent Photograph of St Bridget's Church (Bridstow)

St Bridget's church tower is original Perpendicular, but the remainder externally was rebuilt by T Nicholson in 1862. Inside however is a Norman chancel arch, and Early English north chapel. There appears to be the base of a former cross in the churchyard, but this is not mentioned by Pevsner.

(Information provided by Rosemary Lockie)


Image contributed by Rosemary Lockie on 3rd August 2006.
This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/HEF/Bridstow/StBridget.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library