St James's Church, Canon Frome (Preedy Glass)

Recent Photograph of St James's Church (Preedy Glass) (Canon Frome)

This small lancet window, to the right of the Altar, depicts the refounding of Capel-y-ffin monastic community at Llanthony. The lancet to the left of the Altar depicts St James. The lancets are designs of Frederick Preedy (1820-1898) Another lancet, behind the door, portrays the Revd John Hopton, vicar of the parish for 62 years.

(Information provided by Rosemary Lockie)


Image contributed by Rosemary Lockie on 11th October 2007.
This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/HEF/CanonFrome/StJames6.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library