The Cathedral from St Nicholas's Street, Hereford

Recent Photograph of The Cathedral from St Nicholas's Street (Hereford)

The approach to the Cathedral from St Nicholas's Street, looking towards King Street. On the building wall on the left, above the red phone box is a circular blue sign saying the property is “The Orange Tree”, but underneath it is a ‘For Sale’ sign. The sign on the pavement in the foreground advertises Mortimers Solicitors.

This spot must have been where the original St Nicholas's church once stood - at the head of King street, in the centre of St. Nicholas square, and demolished in 1840 - according to Littlebury's Directory of Herefordshire, 1876-7.

(Information provided by Rosemary Lockie)


Image contributed by Rosemary Lockie on 21st June 2010.
This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/HEF/Hereford/Cathedral2.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library