Chapel of Our Lady of the Assumption, Rotherwas (3)

Recent Photograph of Chapel of Our Lady of the Assumption (3) (Rotherwas)

This is the south side chapel - part of the 19th century refurbishment to the design of Peter Paul Pugin. There is a statue to Our Lady (out of the picture) on the east wall of the Chapel (opposite the fireplace, which we see on the right). The stained glass window depicts Sir Roger Bodenham's apparently miraculous cure in 1606 of ‘a gross humour ...in his legs’, following a visit to St. Winifred's Well, Holywell, Flintshire.

(Information provided by Rosemary Lockie)


Image contributed by Rosemary Lockie on 23rd April 2009.
This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/HEF/Rotherwas/ChapelofOurLady3.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library