Chapel of Our Lady of the Assumption, Rotherwas (4)

Recent Photograph of Chapel of Our Lady of the Assumption (4) (Rotherwas)

This image shows the most notable feature of this Chapel - its hammer-beam roof. There are four tie-beams, side posts, and collars with pendants, and the second tie-beam from the west end (not legible at ground level) has an inscription recording the birth of Thomas, second son of Roger Bodenham Esq. on 18th October 1589. The chapel was built (or re-built) by (Sir) Roger in 1583. The viewpoint is from the West Gallery, which is a modern (19th century?) addition.

(Information provided by Rosemary Lockie)


Image contributed by Rosemary Lockie on 23rd April 2009.
This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/HEF/Rotherwas/ChapelofOurLady4.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library