Stoke Edith

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

STOKE-EDITH, a parish in the hundred of RADLOW, county of HEREFORD, 7¼ miles (E.) from Hereford, containing, with the chapelry of Westhide, 495 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, with the perpetual curacy of Westhide annexed, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Hereford, rated in the king's books at £15, and in the patronage of Edward Foley, Esq. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. A school is supported by small annual donations. An ancient sword, some curious beads, several human skeletons with their faces downwards, and other relics, were found at Radlow Bush some years ago.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/HEF/StokeEdith/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library