St Lawrence's Church, Stretton Grandison (Altar Reredos)

Recent Photograph of St Lawrence's Church (Altar Reredos) (Stretton Grandison)

The tiles below the window sill were newly discovered in 2006, when the altar was repositioned. Painted on slate, embedded in the plaster, they are the work of Frederick Preedy (1820-1898) and were probably part of his work in restoration of the Chancel. He also designed the East Window itself, made in 1853 by Rogers but which commemorates William HOPTON, d.1841, and 2 other windows for the church.

(Information provided by Rosemary Lockie)


Image contributed by Rosemary Lockie on 11th October 2007.
This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/HEF/StrettonGrandison/StLawrence4.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library