St Bridget's Church, Skenfrith / Ynysgynwraidd (The Font)

Recent Photograph of St Bridget's Church (The Font) (Skenfrith / Ynysgynwraidd)

The Font, we are told, is much older than the date shown on its east side - 1661, which may reflect the date of its reinstallation following the Civil War. It could be locked, as shown by two staples on the top, to prevent the stealing of holy water, to be used for casting spells!

(Information provided by Rosemary Lockie)


Image contributed by Rosemary Lockie on 29th June 2009.
This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/MON/Skenfrith/StBridget3.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library