Bagnall

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

BAGNALL, a parish, joint with Bucknall, in the northern division of the hundred of PIREHILL, county of STAFFORD, 3 miles (N.E.) from Hanley. The population is returned with Stoke upon Trent, to which parish Bagnall formerly belonged, but was separated from it, in 1807, by an act of parliament, which constituted Bucknall a distinct rectory. The living is a perpetual curacy, annexed to the rectory of Bucknall, in the archdeaconry of Stafford, and diocese of Lichfield and Coventry, endowed with £200 private benefaction, and £400 royal bounty.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/STS/Bagnall/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library