Hamstall Ridware

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

HAMSTALL-RIDWARE, a parish in the northern division of the hundred of OFFLOW, county of STAFFORD, 5 miles (E.N.E.) from Rudgeley, containing 455 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of Stafford, and diocese of Lichfield and. Coventry, rated in the king's books at £6. 1. 0½, and in the patronage of Chandos Leigh, Esq. The church is dedicated to St. Michael. The parish is bounded on the south by the river Trent. A free school, erected in 1809, by the late Rev. Thomas Leigh, is supported by Chandos Leigh, Esq., and conducted upon the National system.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/STS/HamstallRidware/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library