Rushton Spencer

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

RUSHTON-SPENCER, a chapelry in that part of the parish of LEEK which is in the northern division of the hundred of TOTMONSLOW, county of STAFFORD, 5 miles (N.W. by N.) from Leek, containing 359 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry of Stafford, and diocese of Lichfield and Coventry, endowed with £1200 private benefaction, £200 royal bounty, and £1200 parliamentary grant, and in the patronage of the Vicar of Leek. The chapel, dedicated to St. Lawrence, is a small stone building fast falling to decay. Cotton-spinning affords employment to a few of the inhabitants.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/STS/RushtonSpencer/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library