Warslow

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

WARSLOW, a chapelry in the parish of ALLSTONEFIELD, northern division of the hundred of TOTMONSLOW, county of STAFFORD, 7 miles (E.N.E.) from Leek, containing 595 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Allstonefield, in the archdeaconry of Stafford, and diocese of Lichfield and Coventry, endowed with £1200 royal bond and £1400 parliamentary grant. The chapel, dedicated to St. John the Baptist, is a neat modern structure. The school, erected by subscription in 1788, is endowed with about £17 per annum, for which twenty children are instructed.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/STS/Warslow/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library