Chisledon

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

CHISLEDON, a parish in the hundred of KINGSBRIDGE, county of WILTS, 3 miles (S.E.) from Swindon, containing 1077 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry of Wilts, and diocese of Salisbury, rated in the king's books at £8. 8. 9., endowed with £400 private benefaction, £200 royal bounty, and £300 parliamentary grant, and in the patronage of T. Cally, Esq. The church is dedicated to the Holy Cross. There is an endowment of £10. 10. per annum for teaching poor children.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/WIL/Chisledon/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library