Liddington

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

LIDDINGTON, a parish in the hundred of KINGSBRIDGE, county of WILTS, 4 miles (E.S.E.) from Swindon, containing 409 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry of Wilts, and diocese of Salisbury, rated in the king's books at £17, endowed with £200 private benefaction, and £200 royal bounty, and in the patronage of the Rector; the rectory is a sinecure, rated in the king's books at £14, and in the patronage of the Duke of Marlborough. The church is dedicated to All Saints. On Beacon hill, in this parish, was a large circular work, called Liddington Castle.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/WIL/Liddington/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library