Great Cheverell

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

CHEVERELL (GREAT), a parish in the hundred of SWANBOROUGH, county of WILTS, 2 miles (W.) from East Lavington, containing 442 inhabitants. The. living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Salisbury, rated in the king's books at £16, and in the patronage of the Earl of Radnor. The church is dedicated to St. Peter. A free school is endowed with a tenement and land producing an annual income of £5. 15., for which six children are taught.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/WIL/GreatCheverell/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library