Inside St Mary's Church, Maddington

Recent Photograph of Inside St Mary's Church (Maddington)

The original nave and chancel was extended in the 14th century by a chantry chapel, which was extended west by an aisle in the 17th century, and to the south by a transept of the early 19th century. The nave roof is of 1603 (date on a corbel), and the west wall of the nave has plasterwork with a large date 1637, reckoned to be the date a west gallery was added of which no trace now remains.

(Information provided by Phil Draper)


Image contributed by Phil Draper on 3rd April 2006.
This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/WIL/Maddington/StMary2.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library