Marden

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

MARDEN, a parish in the hundred of SWANBOROUGH, county of WILTS, 5 miles (N.E. by E.) from East Lavington, containing 200 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Salisbury, rated in the king's books at £8. 17. 6 endowed with £200 private benefaction, and £200 royal bounty, and in the patronage of the Dean and Chapter of Bristol. The church is dedicated to All Saints.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/WIL/Marden/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library