Rushall

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

RUSHALL, a parish in the hundred of SWANBOROUGH, county of WILTS, 3 miles (S.W.) from Pewsey, containing 248 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Salisbury, rated in the king's books at £12. 11. 8., and in the patronage of the Wardens of New and Merton Colleges, and of the Principal of Brasenose College, Oxford, for a scholar on Jackson's foundation at Merton College. The church is dedicated to St. Matthew.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/WIL/Rushall/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library