Tilshead

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

TILSHEAD, a parish in the hundred of BRANCH-and-DOLE, county of WILTS, 4 miles (S.S.E.) from East Lavington, containing 425 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Salisbury, rated in the king's books at £7. 16., endowed with £200 private benefaction, and £200 royal bounty, and in the patronage of the Crown. The church1 is dedicated to St. Thomas a Becket.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/WIL/Tilshead/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library