Inside St Gregory's Church, Castlemorton

Recent Photograph of Inside St Gregory's Church (Castlemorton)

The guide leaflet tells us that Chancel and Nave were separated by a rood screen originally; the early one was replaced by a Jacobean one in 1683, but this was in turn taken down in 1879. The pointed Chancel arch may have replaced a rounded Norman one at the time of the 14th century refurbishment, when the Tower was added.

(Information provided by Rosemary Lockie)


Image contributed by Rosemary Lockie on 19th September 2008.
This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/WOR/Castlemorton/StGregory2.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library