St Gregory's Church, Castlemorton (Arcade)

Recent Photograph of St Gregory's Church (Arcade) (Castlemorton)

A Norman arcade with 3 pillars was replaced in 1387, at the same time as the Tower was added, and then rebuilt in the 17th century. Two pillars are 14th century, but the third, at the west end (out of sight on this photograph), being of a circular section, may be original. All three capitals have a different design.

(Information provided by Rosemary Lockie)


Image contributed by Rosemary Lockie on 18th September 2008.
This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/WOR/Castlemorton/StGregory4.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library