St Mary the Virgin's Church, Bosley (Sutcliffe Window)

Recent Photograph of St Mary the Virgin's Church (Sutcliffe Window) (Bosley)

The inscription surrounding the image reads:-
Wonderful . Counsellor . The Mighty God . The Everlasting Father . The Prince of Peace

The dedication is partially hidden in the photo, but as far as possible to tell it reads:-
This Window was [gi]ven in 1967 by
Members and Fri[ends] of Bosley Parish
to replace the [one] erected in 1859
in memory of S[...] wife of William
Sutcliffe, Min[ister of] Bosley 1833-1870

(Transcription provided by Rosemary Lockie)


Image contributed by Alf Beard on 17th March 2007.
This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/CHS/Bosley/StMary6.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library