Church House, Redmarley d'Abitot (Side View)

Recent Photograph of Church House (Side View) (Redmarley d'Abitot)

This old house is by the side of the church - the path in the foreground would take us into the churchyard.

The property is believed to date from the 16th century, although the chimneys were not added until later. It has served as the Village Poor House (until 1834), the Bakehouse, and (until about 1960) the Post Office. It is now however a private dwelling.

(Information provided by Rosemary Lockie)


Image contributed by Alf Beard on 18th September 2007.
This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/RedmarleydAbitot/ChurchHouse2.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library