St Michael's Church, Garway (Templar Chapel)

Recent Photograph of St Michael's Church (Templar Chapel) (Garway)

The arcade between the chancel and south (Templar) chapel. The chapel was added about 1210, but was partially rebuilt by the Tudors in the 16th century. The lintel in its south east window is made from one of the Templar slabs, but it has been whitewashed so the carving of the sword is difficult to see.

(Information provided by Rosemary Lockie)


Image contributed by Rosemary Lockie on 25th June 2009.
This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/HEF/Garway/StMichael3.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library