Seat Inside St Mary the Virgin's Church, Bishops Cannings

Recent Photograph of Seat Inside St Mary the Virgin's Church (Bishops Cannings)

This unusual painted seat, featuring a “big hand”, is in the south transept of the Church. The “graffiti” (which appears to be in latin, and is not possible to read from the photograph) dates from 1708!

Bishops Cannings belongs to The United Benefice of Bishop's Cannings & Etchilhampton with All Cannings, where more information about the church may be found.

(Information provided by Phil Draper)


Image contributed by Phil Draper on 16th August 2003.
This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/WIL/BishopsCannings/StMary3.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library