All Saints Church, Curbar (1999)

Recent Photograph of All Saints Church (1999) (Curbar)

All Saints Church is officially nominated the Parish Church of Calver, Curbar & Froggatt, but it is physically within Curbar parish. Its building as an Anglican Church was somewhat contentious since land in Calver was owned by the Eyres of Hassop, who were staunch Catholics, and naturally unenthusiastic about an Anglican Church being built on their land. However eventually agreement was obtained, and coupled with financial support from the Duke of Devonshire, All Saints Church, Curbar was consecrated in 1868.

(Information provided by Rosemary Lockie)


Image contributed by Andrew McCann on 9th April 1999.
This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/DBY/Curbar/AllSaints.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library